The Original Inaria
Inaria started as a dare.
Back in May of 2005, I read an excellent article about Jay Barnson (also known as the Rampant Coyote). He challenged himself to write a game in just 40 working hours. He used a language called PyGame and came up with a very respectable game at the end. I wanted to write mine in C++ and make mine a bit more “classical”. The original version of Inaria was the result.
Differences between the original and the commercial versions of Inaria:
- It only runs in a window.
- It has no sound or music.
- It has completely broken RPG mechanics, making it useless to level anything but strength.
- It only has four spells and no other special abilities.
- Each NPC has only one line to say and the storyline is very thin.
But I still hold a fondness in my heart for it, and so it’s still available here.